Who we are
- Vaughn-Trent Community Services, Inc. is a social services agency that serves residents of USD #204 (Bonner Springs & Edwardsville). We were incorporated in 1989, but we can trace our roots back to 1965. The agency is named in honor of the late Marion Vaughn, mayor and civic leader (Bonner Springs, KS) and the late Lindy Trent, mayor and civic leader (Edwardsville, KS).
What we do:
We provide emergency assistance to those who live in our school district and meet our income guidelines. Our main services are:
- Free breads and pastries Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am-noon
- Food pantries
- Utility assistance
- Christmas baskets the middle of December
How do I qualify:
- Reside in the USD #204 school district (Bonner Springs/Edwardsville).
- Meet the income guidelines. Our guidelines are based on 150% of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) guidelines.
- For help with utilities, you must have a disconnect notice or be in jeopardy of breaking a payment agreement.
|2022 Poverty guidelines for the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia|
|Persons in family/household||Poverty Guideline|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons,
add $4,480.00 for each individual person