Who are we?|
Vaughn-Trent Community Services, Inc. is a social services agency that serves residents of USD #204 (Bonner Springs & Edwardsville). We were incorporated in 1989, but we can trace our roots back to 1965. The agency is named in honor of the late Marion Vaughn, mayor and civic leader (Bonner Springs, KS) and the late Lindy Trent, mayor and civic leader (Edwardsville, KS).
What do we do?
We provide emergency assistance to those who live in our school district and meet our income guidelines. Our main services are:
- Free breads and pastries Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am-noon
- Food pantries
- Utility assistance
- Christmas baskets the middle of December
How do I qualify?
- Reside in the USD #204 school district (Bonner Springs/Edwardsville).
- Meet the income guidelines. Our guidelines are based on 150% of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) guidelines.
- For help with utilities, you must have a disconnect notice or be in jeopardy of breaking a payment agreement.
I qualify, now what?
Contact our office at 913-441-0461 to set up an appointment.
What do I need to bring?
- Social Security card for everyone in the household or a copy of page one of your federal tax return.
- Proof of residency, (a current ID with the correct address, a rental agreement, or a utility bill showing your name will be accepted).
- Birthdates of all household members.
- Proof of income for the household for the past 30 days.
Vaughn-Trent Community Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 75
Bonner Springs, KS 66012